Long Term Care
Atlantic Coast’s long term care program was designed specifically to meet the unique needs and interests of seniors and long-term care patients.
Our staff is dedicated to ensuring that residents don’t just have a place to live, but that they thrive and flourish.
Our perspective on long-term care is this: what would we want for our own parents in a long-term care setting? That’s the kind of program and environment that we implemented here at Atlantic Coast.
Some program highlights include:
Atlantic Coast's long-term care program emphasizes a restorative approach, encouraging each patient’s potential to maximize function and mobility.
Our carefully selected Atlantic Coast caregivers undergo special sensitivity training, and treat residents with love, compassion, and dignity.
The Atlantic Coast Social Services team is dedicated to ensuring that every resident thrives socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Atlantic Coast provides the amenities and creature comforts that seniors appreciate. We even offer SKYPE communication so that residents can keep in touch with loved ones from afar.
The environment at Atlantic Coast is positive and upbeat, so residents truly relish and appreciate life.
We encourage our residents' independence and self-sufficiency, which plays an important role in their overall health and well-being. Residents participate in the activities of their choice, and select the meal option that they prefer.
Memory Impaired Care
For individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive disorders, Atlantic Coast provides care that is specifically designed to address the needs of this population.
Our staff members are especially sensitive to the physical, emotional, and psycho-social needs of these residents; they are treated with an extra measure of dignity, and every effort is made to ensure that they are as comfortable and familiar as possible.
- SECURE UNIT - For the safety and well-being of cognitively impaired residents, Atlantic Coast offers a separate secure unit. The wide corridors are homelike and easy to navigate, creating an environment with a sense of familiarity and security.
- CAREGIVERS - The Alzheimer’s unit caregivers are specially trained to care for memory impaired residents. With their extra sensitivity and understanding of the condition and its impact, our caregivers treat each resident with dignity and love.
- PROGRAMMING - The cognitively impaired care program helps patients maximize their cognitive function. Likewise, the activities program is designed to foster social interaction and an appreciation of life.
- THERAP - For patients in more advanced stages, innovative sensory therapies such as audiovisual stimuli and aromatherapy are beneficial in inducing a sense of calm.
In addition to our regular long term care program, Atlantic Coast also offers:
- Respite care, allowing family members a short break or even a well-deserved vacation
- Hospice care, administered by specially trained caregivers